Plan Review & New Construction


Plans (blueprints) are reviewed prior to construction or remodel of commercial facilities that are regulated by the OKC-County Health Department. Plans are reviewed to ensure compliance with the various rules and regulations governing these facilities.

Our staff works closely with city plan examiners, city licensing personnel, city permit personnel, city inspectors, city and state fire marshals, contractors, property owners, business owners and architects.

In addition to municipal code requirements, the Oklahoma State Food Code requires proposed new or remodeled food establishments to submit construction plans for review.



Before coming to our clinic for adult vaccinations, please call one of our clinic locations to ensure that your specific vaccination is available. If the vaccination is not available, we will be able to refer you to places that do offer your specific vaccine(s).

What are the facilities regulated by OCCHD that require plan submittal?
  • Food Service Facilities Restaurants, retail food, bars, school cafeterias, etc.
  • Lodging Facilities
  • Public Swimming Pools/Spas Including associated clubhouses
  • Childcare Centers
  • Food Manufacturers and Food Warehouses
Q: What needs to be included in the plans?

The plans should include the following items:

  • A site plan that includes the water source and the method of sewage disposal.
  • A floor plan that indicates the location of all sinks and equipment. The sinks and equipment must be clearly labeled, marked or identified. Elevation drawings may be requested.
  • A plumbing plan showing the water and wastewater connection to each fixture. Include the location of the floor drains.
  • A lighting plan.
  • A finish schedule which includes materials to be used for the floors, base, walls and ceilings.
  • A mechanical plan if the lodging establishment includes an indoor public bathing place.
  • Other information that may be required for the proper review of the proposed construction, conversion or modification.
Q: When does the Oklahoma State Food Code require plans?

When are plans required per the state regulations?

An applicant shall submit to the regulatory authority properly prepared plans and specifications for review and approval before:

(1) The construction of a regulated establishment;

(2) The conversion of an existing structure; or

(3) The remodeling of a regulated establishment or a change of type of establishment or operation;

(4) if the regulatory authority determines that plans and specifications are necessary to ensure compliance with the regulations.

Q: Are there fees associated with the health department's plan review?

Yes, there is an application and plan review fee required to be submitted with the plans for all food service establishments and lodging facilities.

Q: Where can I find the plan review applications?

They are on this webpage under Helpful Forms. They can also be obtained by visiting our office located at 2400 NW 36th Street in Oklahoma City or by calling (405) 425- 4400

For questions about making changes to an existing facility/restaurant or opening a new facility/restaurant, please contact the specific Program Coordinator