What could be more important for maintaining your reproductive health than choosing when the time is right for you or your partner to become pregnant? We can help.
What is Reproductive Health?
The Reproductive Health department, also known as Family Planning Services, helps prevent unplanned pregnancies. We help families and individuals to plan and space their children. These services are available to both women and men.
The Family Planning Clinic is staffed by experienced Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners specializing in family planning with consultation by OB/GYN physicians from the OU Medical Center.
What Services Are Available?
For clients with a scheduled appointment:
Physical exams and checkups for men and women. HIV, RPR (for syphilis), chlamydia, and gonorrhea screenings, if needed Breast exams and referrals for mammograms when needed Education and counseling
Please be sure to make babysitting arrangements or other child care needs before coming into the clinic for Sexual Health services. We may need to reschedule your appointment if children are present.
For walk-in clients (no appointment needed):
Early Start is a walk-in service providing pregnancy prevention as soon as possible for teens and others. This one-time service offers females and males a limited supply of a birth control method, such as pills, IUDs, and condoms, among others. A medical exam by appointment will be required for ongoing birth control services. For more information, please see the Payment section at the bottom of this page. Emergency contraception is a pregnancy prevention method available as soon as possible for females within three days after unprotected intercourse. Assistance with obtaining ongoing birth control services is offered and available. For more information, please see the Payment section below. Pregnancy testing is available at our OCCHD Gary Cox Partner Building, West, and South locations. Please see the Locations section below for more information. Birth control pickup
Family Planning FAQ
WHAT WILL WE PROVIDE?
- Information on the use, effectiveness, and known risks of the contraceptive methods available: including abstinence, condoms, oral contraceptives (birth control pills), Depo-Provera injections, Nexplanon (insertion and removal), Nuva Ring, intrauterine devices or IUDs, diaphragm, natural family planning, sterilization (vasectomy and tubal ligation), and other methods. Supplies to prevent pregnancy are available in the clinic or by prescription.
- Physical examination
- HIV and STD testing (if needed)
- Assessment of nutritional status and other needs
- Education and counseling
- Management of minor contraceptive issues
- Management of certain minor vaginal and urinary tract conditions
- Referrals to other clinics (if needed)
WHAT WILL MY VISIT BE LIKE?
Your visit may include some of the following, depending on the type of service you need:
- Family and health history
- Physical examination
- Check-ups for men
- Pelvic exam and pap smear for women
- Measurement of height, weight and blood pressure
- Blood testing for HIV and syphilis
- Laboratory tests, some collected by venipuncture or finger stick, as medically indicated
- Urine pregnancy test (if needed)
WHEN DO YOU OFFER PREGNANCY TESTING?
- OCCHD West location (4330 NW 10th Street, OKC) Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Northeast Regional Health and Wellness Center - Partner Building (2700 NE 63rd Street, OKC) Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- OCCHD South location (2149 SW 59th, Suite 104, OKC), Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
WHAT IS AVAILABLE TO HELP KEEP ME OR MY PARTNER FROM BECOMING PREGNANT?
- Birth control pills
- Depo Provera
- Nuva Ring
- Nexplanon (insertion and removal)
- Cycle beads
- Abstinence counseling
- Information/referrals for vasectomy, tubal ligation, Implanon, and natural family planning
Fees are based on ability to pay per a sliding scale. Family Planning Waiver Medicaid (SoonerPlan) is available to those who qualify to assist financially for exams, supplies, pregnancy testing, etc. for both men and women 19 and over. Applications can be completed online prior to your visit. Assistance may be provided if needed when you come in for services.
LOCATIONS AND HOURS OF OPERATIONS
Monday through Thursday, 8:00am to 4:00pm and Fridays, 8:00am to 12:00pm
4330 N.W. 10th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
Services available: Pregnancy testing, family planning services
some services may require appointments
OCCHD Gary Cox Partner Building
2700 NE 63rd Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
same day appointment only
Services available: Pregnancy Testing and Family Planning
2149 SW 59th, Suite 104
Oklahoma City, OK 73119
Services available: Pregnancy testing, family planning (some services may require an appointment)