Many festivities occur to celebrate the Fourth of July. Make sure you are prepared for any activity you take part in!
It's best to leave fireworks to the pros. If you choose to do your own fireworks, follow these safety measures:
- Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks if necessary
- Never engage in a bottle rocket war
- Monitor children closely if you choose to give them a sparkler
- Use your grill well away from your home, deck railings, branches, and overhangs
- Place grills over nonflammable surfaces
- Have a source of water nearby in case a fire ignites
- Never dive into shallow water
- Always swim with a buddy
- Be cautious around bodies of water, even if you don't plan on swimming
- Monitor children around bodies of water
For more information on preparedness go to https://www.ok.gov/oem.