The National Weather Service in Norman has issued a Red Flag Warning for breezy winds and low relative humidity, which is in effect from noon today to 7 PM CST this evening.
* TIMING...Thursday afternoon into early evening.
* WINDS...South 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 15 to 20 percent.
* TEMPERATURES...Highs in the mid 60s.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.