Healthy Recipe: Freezer Vegetable Breakfast Burritos
Recipe type: Breakfast, Meal Prep
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 25 mins
These Freezer Vegetable Breakfast Burritos are so convenient for busy mornings! Reheat them in your microwave for a fast and filling breakfast! With a step by step how to recipe video.
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup finely chopped onion
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 cup finely chopped broccoli
¼ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon butter
8 large eggs
½ cup salsa (optional)
2 cups (8 ounces) grated cheddar cheese
8-10 burrito-size whole wheat tortillas
1. Cook the vegetables: Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, broccoli, salt and pepper. Cook vegetables, stirring often, until softened. Remove from heat.
2. Scramble the eggs: Whisk the eggs together in a bowl. Melt the butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook until set, stirring.
3. Stir the eggs and salsa into the pot with the vegetables.
4. Wrap the burritos (see recipe video above): Place about ½ cup of the egg and vegetable mixture slightly below the center of each tortilla. Add ¼ cup cheese. Fold bottom of tortilla up, then fold sides in, and then continue wrapping up from the bottom into a burrito. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
5. Freeze: Once cool, place burritos in a zip-top bag and seal. Store in the freezer for up to two months. Defrost and reheat in the microwave. (If you remember, place in the refrigerator the night before to start the defrost process.) First, use the defrost (or very low) setting to thaw. Then, heat on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute until hot. Enjoy!
Recipe by Kristine's Kitchen at https://kristineskitchenblog.com/freezer-vegetable...