OCCHD will host two free drive-thru clinics across the metro beginning in November thru December. The first clinic will be November 3rd at the Northeast Regional Health and Wellness Campus 2700 NE 63rd. The second will be December 8th at the Southern Oaks Wellness Center at 6728 South Hudson. The hours are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Oklahoma City and County residents are encouraged to protect themselves, their families and help prevent the spread of the flu by receiving their vaccine. OCCHD Clinical Operations Manager Kerri Stewart said, “Our citizens lead busy lives and the cost may be a barrier in receiving the vaccination, so we are offering a free, drive-thru clinic that is affordable and easy to access for our community.” The vaccine is available to those beginning at six months and up.
“Getting your flu shot can reduce flu symptoms, missed school and work and prevent flu-related hospitalizations. Receiving your vaccination if you are healthy helps prevent the spread to our vulnerable citizens and is especially important for higher risk populations including ages 1 to 5 and over age 65.” OCCHD reminds the public that it takes about two weeks to be fully protected from the vaccine.
“Take 3” Actions to Fight the Flu:
- Get a Flu Shot – The flu vaccine can keep you from getting the flu, lessen the severity of it, and keep you from spreading the virus to family and friends.
- Washing hands and covering coughs and sneezes.
- If you think you might have the flu, get to your doctor as soon as possible. Your doctor may prescribe antiviral drugs.
Vaccines are still offered on a walk-in basis Mondays through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. – noon at the following OCCHD clinic locations:
• OCCHD Gary Cox Partner Building – 2700 N.E. 63rd Street, OKC – 419-4200
• Southern Oaks Campus – 6728 South Hudson, OKC – 419-4119
• OCCHD West Clinic – 4113 N.W. 10th Street, OKC – 419-4150