Facility and Nuisance Complaints

The Oklahoma City-County Health Department (OCCHD) is only able to investigate complaints in Oklahoma City limits and Oklahoma County. OCCHD investigates a wide variety of complaints regarding the public's health and safety. Some of the various types of complaints we respond to are:

  • Food establishment complaints
  • Foodborne illness complaints
  • General nuisance complaints
  • Insect and rodent problems
  • Stagnant bodies of water that breed mosquitoes
  • Bad odors coming from a property
  • Excessive animal feces
  • Single and multi-unit housing complaints
  • No utilities at the property, causing a public health hazard
  • No heat at a rental property
  • No air conditioning at a rental property (only if there are no screens on the windows)
  • Daycare center complaints
  • Hotel and motel complaints
  • Hutch/kennel complaints and inspections
  • Animal bites and rabies incidents
  • Emergency response to natural and man-made disasters

Frequently Asked Questions

Please see our FAQ section before filling out your complaint. Many people often have questions about the type of complaints that the OKC-County Health Department investigates. This section will help explain the kinds of issues we can assist you with.

To file a complaint, please fill out our complaint form