Facility and Nuisance Complaints

The Oklahoma City-County Health Department (OCCHD) is only able to investigate complaints in Oklahoma City limits and Oklahoma County. OCCHD investigates a wide variety of complaints regarding the public's health and safety. Click here for information and handouts about common pests of public health concerns. Some of the various types of complaints we respond to are:

  • Food establishment complaints
  • Foodborne illness complaints
  • General nuisance complaints
  • Insect and rodent problems
  • Stagnant bodies of water that breed mosquitoes
  • Bad odors coming from a property
  • Excessive animal feces
  • Single and multi-unit housing complaints
  • No utilities at the property, causing a public health hazard
  • No heat at a rental property
  • No air conditioning at a rental property (only if there are no screens on the windows)
  • Daycare center complaints
  • Hotel and motel complaints
  • Hutch/kennel complaints and inspections
  • Animal bites and rabies incidents
  • Emergency response to natural and man-made disasters

Frequently Asked Questions

Please see our FAQ section before filling out your complaint. Many people often have questions about the type of complaints that the OKC-County Health Department investigates. This section will help explain the kinds of issues we can assist you with.

To file a complaint, please fill out our complaint form